QUALITY AND RECOGNITION
Alpha Bank Cyprus Ltd, has received several Quality Recognition Awards by International Financial Institutions such as Standard and Poors, JP Morgan, for its excellent service in Cyprus in processing international payments. This distinction ranks Alpha Bank Cyprus Ltd as one of 130 banks throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa that satisfy the high quality standards set by these institutions.
Alpha Bank consistently ranks very high in terms of financial strength, as well as local and international deposits, according to the ratings of the world’s foremost providers of independent credit ratings (i.e. Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s).
In 2004, Alpha Bank A.E. was included in FTSE Eurotop 300 index, which contains the 300 largest European listed blue chip companies. Alpha Bank currently ranks ahead of all Greek companies included in the index.
The market analysis department at Alpha Bank Group Treasury has repeatedly ranked in top positions in its forecasts of foreign exchange rate fluctuations as part of the foreign exchange polls and surveys conducted by Reuters and Bloomberg, well ahead of a large number of market participants from Europe, the US and Japan.
ALPHA BANK INNOVATES
- Alpha Bank was named “Bank of the Year” in Greece for 2011 for the second consecutive year by “The Banker” magazine, at the awards ceremony hosted in London, on November 30, 2011. Regarded as the industry standard for banking excellence, the award recognized Alpha Bank’s resilient operating performance in 2011. Its conservative strategy and cost-cutting initiatives were praised by the judges as positioning the Bank well to withstand the financial crisis.
- Alpha Bank is declared "Bank of Year" for 2010 in Greece from the internationally acclaimed magazine "The Banker" in an award ceremony that took place in London on Thursday December 2nd 2010. The judging committee declared Alpha Bank to be "the best placed bank to overcome the difficult financial climate" due to the conservative policy it follows which results in one of the highest capital adequacy indicators amongst Greek banks.
- Alpha Bank launches Alpha Smart Management which was specifically designed for independent businessmen who wish to manage the entirety of their business transactions with just one Bank, enjoying high returns, fluidity as well as significant discounts and privileges in a series of banking transactions.
- Alpha Mobile Banking, a new system of electronic banking comes into operation through the Alpha Express Banking platform for the provision of banking services via mobile phone, with specially designed technology to ensure ease, speed and security for your banking transactions. In addition ATM functionality is improved with added security features and the option of not printing receipts.
- Alpha Global Cash Management service is implemented which aims to electronically serve the needs of a group of companies with a presence in Greece and/or abroad and includes:
- Group cash flow information services.
- Liquidity Management services.
- Improved tools for finance management etc.
- Alpha Bank introduces the new Housing Loan Base Rate which reflects the greatest interest rate reduction on the market. The new competitive interest rate in combination with flexible repayment terms place Alpha Housing Loans amongst the most attractive plans on the market.
- Alpha Bank leads the way in Payroll accounts by releasing the improved Alpha Payroll scheme which offers a high deposit interest rate for the wage earner on their daily balance and particularly privileged pricing for a range of products that satisfy their every need.
- Introduction of a new generation of Fixed Deposit Accounts, Alpha Prepayment and Alpha Monthly Payment which offer a high interest rate even for small deposits either with upfront interest payment or monthly interest payment. Through these two deposit products Alpha Bank gives depositors the chance to not only secure better returns for their money but to also select the duration and method of interest payment depending on their needs and preferences.
- For the first time Alpha Bank offers its customers the possibility to withdraw cash anywhere free of charge and with only one card. Alpha VISA Electron card holders are able to withdraw cash from any Bank's ATM in Cyprus but also in Greece without the slightest charge (unlimited free cash withdrawals from any Alpha Bank ATM in Cyprus and up to 4 withdrawals a month without charge from any other ATM in Cyprus and Greece).
- 2006, Alpha Bank introduced the pioneering e-banking solution called Alpha PC Banking, a sophisticated client-based payment processing software system, aiming to meet the extended needs of corporate and international clients with a high volume of payments.
- Alpha Bank introduced two innovative Housing Loans, Alpha FlexOIKIA and Alpha FlexOIKIA Bullet thus taking the lead with regards to flexible housing schemes. These products are unique in terms of the repayment flexibility they offer.
- Two years before entering the Eurozone, Alpha Bank was the only bank to organise an awareness campaign for the introduction of Euro in Cyprus and the changes it would bring to the Cypriot Community. A specialised team travelled across Cyprus, to all the cities and their main rural centres to educate the public in the best possible way.
- Alpha Bank was the first to eliminate the point accumulation scheme with the use of Credit Cards by presenting a competitive scheme which offers cash returns instead, through the introduction of the new Alpha Bank CASHBACK MasterCard. This scheme returns cash up to 20% of the total value of transactions made in selected companies in Cyprus.
- Alpha Bank pioneered by being the first Bank to replace the flat rate in Hire Purchase agreements for car financing. The Bank introduced the Alpha Car Loan, a fixed term loan which reduces the cost of car financing for the customer and allows the repayment of capital and interest at the same time.
- Alpha Bank introduces a new scheme for the transfer of loans and credit cards, “Alpha All in 1”, which enables customers to transfer their balances from other banks to single account at Alpha Bank, thus paying only one lower monthly instalment.
- Alpha Bank introduces the Alpha 100, a privileged deposit account that offers multiple benefits to individuals who require flexibility and fast service in their daily banking transactions. Alpha 100 combines the flexibility of a current account with the highest interest on the daily balance.
- Alpha Bank offered the possibility of borrowing in foreign currency and specifically in EURO with the new housing loan Alpha Eurohousing.
- The Bank also introduced the new investment products, Alpha Bank Capital Guarantee with great success.
- Alpha Bank was the first to reduce the lending rate for corporate customers, establishing the Prime Lending Rate, before the liberalization of interest rates.