With the Alpha Bank enhanced Automated Teller Machines (ATM) you can now perform all the basic banking transactions with a quick and secure manner at your convenience, whenever you want:
Deposits of cash or cheques
Account balances and statements
Credit card payments through account transfer, cash and cheques deposit
Change of your PIN
All you have to do is link your accounts to the Alpha ATM Banking service by filling in the relevant registration form, which you can obtain either by calling the Alpha Bank Cards Centre at +357 22877477 or the support centre of Alpha Express Banking at 80003333 and +357 22-888610, or by visiting any Alpha Bank branch.
Alpha ATM Banking provides 24hour service through ATMs at all Alpha Bank branches.
Alpha ATM Banking offers the user the following security measures for safe and secure transactions:
Secrecy and the unchanging nature of data:
These are secured through the data encryption protocol 3DES (Triple Data Encryption Standard) on the data exchanged between the Bank's ATMs and its central systems.
This is secured through the process of entering the personal identification number by the card holder before any transaction at any ATM (in Cyprus and abroad).
All our ATMs have an in-built video recording system that track every user, as well as a safe insertion mechanism that functions by special vibrating technology, prohibiting the use of illegal devices that copy the cards magnetic field.
What to look out for when using an ATM:
- Obscure PIN entry. While typing in your PIN, use your other hand to hide the keys.
- PIN stands for Personal Identification Number. You must never reveal your PIN to anyone, not even the Bank.
- If you change your PIN, do not replace it for an easy-to-guess number such as a birthday.
- Do not keep your PIN together with your card. This would facilitate anyone who found your card.
- Never allow a stranger to assist you in conducting an ATM transaction.
- Always ensure that you have removed your card from the slot before leaving the ATM.
- In case the ATM keeps your card, immediately contact the Bank.
- You can report a lost or stolen card by calling +357 22877477, 24 hours a day.